Friday, April 04, 2008

Orphanage visit




We were able to visit the orphanage yesterday, something we really wanted to do. It was not as shocking as we thought it was actually clean and not extremely crowded. We were able to take pictures of her crib and any other areas that did not have children in them. The nannies seemed very excited to see her but she did not react to them, I was worried that she might be upset by it. I put her in a sling and I am glad that I did the nannies we trying to hold her but they were not able to get her to go to them. There was a little one in one of the baby rooms that I had a hard time walking away from, she was so happy and just jumping up and down in the crib and I waved at her and she waved back over and over. I started playing peek a boo and she just laughed and laughed she had a very good personality and beautiful smile. There we so many of them, hopefully they are being processed for adoption as well. It was a 2 hour bus ride each way but well worth the time it took. Harlow is doing very well, she is eating and making great eye contact while doing it, she sleeps great last night she slept for 14 hours straight, so did I! We are here for 6 more days I have no idea what we are going to do for the rest of the time, we explored the entire island, tomorrow we hope to get away from the island and check out the rest of the city.
ps I found starbucks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Her name fits her perfectly. I can't wait to meet her. Kiss her for me!
Gwenda

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys, she is so beautiful!!!! Hopefully i will get a chance to visit next time im home. Enjoy China, there is alot to see if you get the chance.

love
kelley

Anonymous said...

We are so happy that you finally have Vivian Harlow! We like the name and can't wait to see you guys! Amber is jealous and wants to go purse shopping with you! ;)

Amber and Jeremy