Tuesday, April 01, 2008

She's here!!!





As we sit here the most beautiful baby girl is sleeping in our room, did you hear that I said our room! For months I have been praying and talking to her in my head saying over and over baby girl momma is coming. I can't believe the time is here and she is right here in my room, I just want to wake her up. I know she needs the sleep this is a huge transition for her but we have waited so long. Now matter how they come into your world it is the most amazing thing when you have another child, the love that is there is instant and nothing can ever compare. She is absolutely perfect with the most beautiful long eye lashes. When they handed her over to me she didn't cry at all in fact she didn't ever cry until I tried to lay her down to change her diaper and then only for a minute until I picked her up and then again when I changed her clothes. The ride back to the hotel was another story, she was very tired obviously, she has been sleeping now for two hours. She had a 2 hour ride here and then was given to a complete stranger. She cried for a few minutes on the bus and has been sleeping every since. We have decided to call her Vivian Harlow, it is such a beautiful name and fits her just right. Chad is very excited because he can also call her Harlee which was another choice that we really liked. What an amazing day! I should also mention that they shaved her hair so no mohawk, also no hair for all the clips I brought! she seems to be just about a 6 month size, 6-12 still seem a little big but 3-6 look like they won't fit long. On another note did I mention that I am in purse heaven here??? Everyone knows of my love for purses and what better then a great bargain and a fabulous hand bag too! Watch out here I come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy for you guys. She had a nice grip on daddy's jacket in that one picture. I can see she will have him wrapped around her finger in no time! I'm glad your long wait is finally over and you have your family of 8 complete. Congratulations! Kristine

Coco said...

Congratulations! You have waited so long for this - it was worth the wait though wasn't it!? I know Paige was! Enjoy the rest of your trip and getting to know your daughter.
Coco

Caryn said...

What a beautiful little girl! How lucky you are to have her in your life, finally!! We can't wait to meet her!! She is joining a great family unit that has lots of love and fun...

Hope to see all of you soon.

Aunt Caryn

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! The pictures brought tears to my eyes. She is absolutely beautiful. Keep posting on your blog, it is fun watching your trip.
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm starting to check your blog for updates as much as RQ! I am addicted to seeing baby pictures. Ugh!! ~Kelli

Team Houston said...

Wow, Your big day!

I am so happy for your family. It is so good to see you holding your little girl.

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your time in China.

Take care, Michele