Thursday, August 19, 2010

1 day later...

I made it here and lucky I knew where I was going because the taxi driver had no idea!  I had to direct him around the island to the hotel.  Thus far this has been a strange experience, I couldn't remember anything about being her before and all the sudden it all came back the minute I walked into the hotel elevator.  I remember Harlow being in her carrier and laughing at herself in the mirrors, when I went into the bathroom I remembered her having a bath in the inflatable tub that I brought.  It seems like everywhere I look I can remember another moment with her here!  I can't wait to get out and look around a bit and see everything out there.  I don't think that Kelli and the kids get in until about 10 pm, I am so happy they let me check into the hotel so early, this would have been a very very long day!  It was 82 when we got here at 545 this morning. 
 
The man sitting next to me was jealous of my sleeping, when I woke up he said "I think you slept 8 hours that time!"  I told him I was only sleeping 3 hours a night at home and I planned to catch up a little to help with the transition!  Right now it is 7 am here and 4 pm at home.  I just talked to Chad and he was getting the kids ready for football, I am going to take a walk and try to skype them later so I can see them!  I already miss them so much and its's only been 1 day!

Jessica A. Hillard


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess, all those years ago when we first met, did you ever see your life turning out this way? Is this the direction you saw everything going? I love that I get to live vicariously through you. I love your life and i love your love. Love YOU!